About the Institute
Funded by a generous grant from the Lilly Endowment, this two-week summer experience is designed to provide high school youth with opportunities to engage pertinent topics in theological inquiry, learn new modes of worship and spiritual practice, participate in service, experience interfaith activities, and explore their vocation.
The Daily Experience
- A daily schedule framed around morning and evening worship
- Intellectually challenging classes that provide an opportunity to be immersed in the study of scripture and Christian theology
- Service in the local community and interactive workshops with Monmouth College faculty that connect faith with complex world issues
- The joy of creating and learning to be part of a faith-based community of mature thinkers
- Quiet, undistracted time to reflect deeply on your experiences and sense of call or vocation
- Aesthetically-inspiring surroundings and first-class residential campus housing
- Opportunities to learn from people of different religious traditions
- Fun and recreational community-building opportunities with new friends
- The $300 program fee covers all lodging, food, activities, and transportation during the two-week event. Students are responsible for their own travel to Monmouth, IL or Chicago airports (O’Hare and Midway). A free shuttle from Chicago airports is provided for students.
- We recommend students work with their family, church, or regional church bodies to cover the program fee. For example, Presbyterian Church (USA) students could approach their congregation, presbytery, and synod about whether mission funding can support a portion of the program cost. Scholarships are available to students who apply with an indication of exceptional financial need.
- Program fees can be paid by credit card or check and are due within two weeks of a students’ acceptance to the program.